To utter sounds with musical inflections or melodious modulations of voice, as fancy may dictate, or according to the notes of a song or tune, or of a given part (as alto, tenor, etc.) in a chorus or concerted piece.
- Music To utter a series of words or sounds in musical tones.
- Music To vocalize songs or selections.
- Music To perform songs or selections as a trained or professional singer.
- Music To produce sounds when played: made the violin sing.
- To make melodious sounds: birds singing outside the window.
- To give or have the effect of melody; lilt.
- To make a high whining, humming, or whistling sound.
- To be filled with a buzzing or ringing sound.
- To proclaim or extol something in verse.
- To write poetry.
- Slang To give information or evidence against someone.
- Music To produce the musical sound of: sang a love song.
- Music To utter with musical inflections: She sang the message.
- Music To bring to a specified state by singing: sang the baby to sleep.
- To intone or chant (parts of the Mass, for example).
- To proclaim or extol, especially in verse: sang his praises.
- Music A gathering of people for group singing.
- sing out To call out loudly.