To have a desire or yearning; to long; to hanker.
- A desire, longing, or strong inclination for a specific thing.
- An expression of a desire, longing, or strong inclination; a petition.
- Something desired or longed for.
- To long for; want. See Synonyms at desire.
- To entertain or express wishes for; bid: He wished her good night.
- To call or invoke upon: I wish them luck.
- To order or entreat: I wish you to go.
- To impose or force; foist: They wished a hard job on her.
- To have or feel a desire: wish for the moon.
- To express a wish.