To take notice of; to regard with special attention; to regard as worthy of special consideration; hence, to care for; to heed.
- To feel or show deferential regard for; esteem.
- To avoid violation of or interference with: respect the speed limit.
- To relate or refer to; concern.
- A feeling of appreciative, often deferential regard; esteem. See Synonyms at regard.
- The state of being regarded with honor or esteem.
- Willingness to show consideration or appreciation.
- Polite expressions of consideration or deference: pay one's respects.
- A particular aspect, feature, or detail: In many respects this is an important decision.
- Usage Problem Relation; reference. See Usage Note at regard.