To join, or fasten together, as by something intervening; to associate; to combine; to unite or link together; to establish a bond or relation between.
- To join or fasten together.
- To associate or consider as related: no reason to connect the two events. See Synonyms at join.
- To join to or by means of a communications circuit: Please connect me to the number in San Diego. Her computer is connected to the Internet.
- To plug in (an electrical cord or device) to an outlet.
- To become joined or united: two streams connecting to form a river.
- To be scheduled so as to provide continuing service, as between airplanes or buses.
- To establish a rapport or relationship; relate: The candidate failed to connect with the voters.
- Sports To hit or play a ball successfully: The batter connected for a home run.