To give in return, whether good or evil; -- commonly in a good sense; to requite; to recompense; to repay; to compensate.
- Something given or received in recompense for worthy behavior or in retribution for evil acts.
- Money offered or given for some special service, such as the return of a lost article or the capture of a criminal.
- A satisfying return or result; profit.
- Psychology The return for performance of a desired behavior; positive reinforcement.
- To give a reward to or for.
- To satisfy or gratify; recompense.