To deviate from a line, direction, or course, toward an object; to lean; to tend; as, converging lines incline toward each other; a road inclines to the north or south.
- To deviate from the horizontal or vertical; slant.
- To be disposed to a certain preference, opinion, or course of action.
- To lower or bend the head or body, as in a nod or bow.
- To cause to lean, slant, or slope.
- To influence to have a certain tendency; dispose: Recent events incline us to distrust all politicians.
- To bend or lower in a nod or bow: inclined her head in acquiescence.
- An inclined surface; a slope or gradient.