A small stick; a rod; a verge.
- A thin supple rod, twig, or stick.
- A slender rod carried as a symbol of office in a procession; a scepter.
- Music A conductor's baton.
- A stick or baton used by a magician, conjurer, or diviner.
- A pipelike attachment that lengthens the handle of a device or tool: a vacuum cleaner that has two extension wands.
- A hand-held electronic device, often shaped like a rod, that is used for security purposes to detect metal.
- Sports A six-foot by two-foot slat used as an archery target.