A name given to several peculiar palms, species of Calamus and Dæmanorops, having very long, smooth flexible stems, commonly called rattans.
- A slender, strong but often flexible stem, as of certain bamboos, reeds, or rattans.
- A plant having such a stem.
- Such stems or strips of such stems used for wickerwork or baskets.
- A bamboo (Arundinaria gigantea) native to the southeast United States, having long stiff stems and often forming canebrakes.
- The stem of a raspberry, blackberry, certain roses, or similar plants.
- Sugar cane.
- A stick used as an aid in walking or carried as an accessory.
- A rod used for flogging.
- To make, supply, or repair with flexible woody material.
- To hit or beat with a rod.