A string, or small rope, composed of several strands twisted together.
- A slender length of flexible material usually made of twisted strands or fibers and used to bind, tie, connect, or support.
- An insulated flexible electric wire fitted with a plug or plugs.
- A hangman's rope.
- An influence, feeling, or force that binds or restrains; a bond or tie.
- Anatomy A long ropelike structure, such as a nerve or tendon: a spinal cord.
- A raised rib on the surface of cloth.
- A fabric or cloth with such ribs.
- Trousers made of corduroy.
- A unit of quantity for cut fuel wood, equal to a stack measuring 4 × 4 × 8 feet or 128 cubic feet (3.62 cubic meters).
- To fasten or bind with a cord: corded the stack of old newspapers and placed them in the recycling bin.
- To furnish with a cord.
- To pile (wood) in cords.