That which happens without design; chance; hazard; hap; hence, chance of danger or loss.
- An undertaking or enterprise of a hazardous nature.
- An undertaking of a questionable nature, especially one involving intervention in another state's affairs.
- An unusual or exciting experience: an adventure in dining.
- Participation in hazardous or exciting experiences: the love of adventure.
- A financial speculation or business venture.
- To venture upon; undertake or try.
- To expose to danger or risk; hazard.
- To take a risk; dare.
- To proceed despite risks.