A piece of wood, metal, or other material, long in proportion to its breadth or thickness, used as a lever and for various other purposes, but especially for a hindrance, obstruction, or fastening; as, the bars of a fence or gate; the bar of a door.
- A relatively long, straight, rigid piece of solid material used as a fastener, support, barrier, or structural or mechanical member.
- A solid oblong block of a substance, such as soap or candy.
- A rectangular block of a precious metal.
- Sports A horizontal bar.
- Sports A horizontal rod that marks the height to be cleared in high jumping or pole vaulting.
- A standard, expectation, or degree of requirement: a leader whose example set a high bar for others.
- Something that impedes or prevents action or progress. See Synonyms at obstacle.
- A ridge, as of sand or gravel, on a shore or streambed, that is formed by the action of tides or currents.
- A narrow marking, as a stripe or band.
- A narrow metal or embroidered strip worn on a military uniform indicating rank or service.
- Chiefly British A small insignia worn on a military decoration indicating that it has been awarded an additional time.
- Heraldry A pair of horizontal parallel lines drawn across a shield.
- Law The nullification, defeat, or prevention of a claim or action.
- Law The process by which nullification, defeat, or prevention is achieved.
- The railing in a courtroom enclosing the part of the room where the judges and lawyers sit, witnesses are heard, and prisoners are tried.
- A place of judgment; a tribunal.
- Law Attorneys considered as a group.
- Law The profession of law.
- Music A vertical line drawn through a staff to mark off a measure.
- Music A measure.
- Variant of barre.
- A counter at which drinks, especially alcoholic drinks, and sometimes food, are served.
- An establishment or room having such a counter.
- To fasten securely with a long, straight, rigid piece of material.
- To shut in or out with or as if with bars.
- To obstruct or impede; block.
- To keep out; exclude. See Synonyms at hinder1.
- To rule out; except.
- To mark with stripes or bands.
- Law To stop (a claim or action) by objection.
- Except for; excluding: This was your best performance, bar none.
- behind bars In prison.
- A unit of pressure equal to one million (106) dynes per square centimeter.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
നിരോധനം - Nirodhanam ;വക്കീല് സംഘം - Vakkeel Samgham ;വക്കീൽജോലിയെ സംബന്ധിച്ചത് - Vakkeeljoliye Sambandhichathu ;വക്കീല്ത്തൊഴില് - Vakkeelththozhil | Vakkeelthozhil ;നിരോധിക്കുക - Nirodhikkuka ;അടയ്ക്കുക - Adaykkuka ;