Reddish brown; of the color of a chestnut; -- applied to the color of horses.
- A body of water partially enclosed by land but with a wide mouth, affording access to the sea: the Bay of Biscay.
- An area of land, such as an arm of prairie partially enclosed by woodland, that resembles in shape or formation a partially enclosed body of water.
- Architecture A part of a building marked off by vertical elements, such as columns or pilasters: an arcade divided into ten bays.
- Architecture A bay window.
- Architecture An opening or recess in a wall.
- A section or compartment, as in a service station, barn, or aircraft, that is set off for a specific purpose: a cargo bay; an engine bay.
- A sickbay.
- Computer Science A drive bay.
- Reddish-brown: a bay colt.
- A reddish brown.
- A reddish-brown animal, especially a horse having a black mane and tail.
- A deep, prolonged bark, such as the sound made by hounds.
- The position of one cornered by pursuers and forced to turn and fight at close quarters: The hunters brought their quarry to bay.
- The position of having been checked or held at a distance: "He has seen the nuclear threat held at bay for 40 years” ( Earl W. Foell).
- To utter a deep, prolonged bark.
- To pursue or challenge with barking: "I had rather be a dog, and bay the moon” ( Shakespeare).
- To express by barking or howling: a mob baying its fury.
- To bring to bay: "too big for the dogs which tried to bay it” ( William Faulkner).
- See laurel.
- Any of certain other trees or shrubs with aromatic foliage, such as the California laurel.
- A crown or wreath made especially of the leaves and branches of the laurel and given as a sign of honor or victory.
- Honor; renown. Often used in the plural.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പിംഗളവര്ണ്ണമുള്ള - Pimgalavarnnamulla ;പിംഗളവര്ണ്ണകുതിര - Pimgalavarnnakuthira ;ഒരു തരം വൃക്ഷം - Oru Tharam Vruksham ;കരിംചുവപ്പ് - Karimchuvappu ;ഒരു വക മരം - Oru Vaka Maram ;ഉൾക്കടൽ - Ulkkadal ;