A cylinder, or a cylindrical perforation, having a continuous rib, called the thread, winding round it spirally at a constant inclination, so as to leave a continuous spiral groove between one turn and the next, -- used chiefly for producing, when revolved, motion or pressure in the direction of its axis, by the sliding of the threads of the cylinder in the grooves between the threads of the perforation adapted to it, the former being distinguished as the external, or male screw, or, more usually the screw; the latter as the internal, or female screw, or, more usually, the nut.
- A cylindrical rod incised with one or more helical or advancing spiral threads, as a lead screw or worm screw.
- The tapped collar or socket that receives this rod.
- A metal pin with incised threads and a broad slotted head that can be driven as a fastener by turning with a screwdriver, especially:
- A tapered and pointed wood screw.
- A cylindrical and flat-tipped machine screw.
- A device having a helical form, such as a corkscrew.
- A propeller.
- A twist or turn of or as if of a screw.
- Slang A prison guard.
- Slang The turnkey of a jail.
- Vulgar Slang The act or an instance of having sexual intercourse.
- Chiefly British Slang Salary; wages.
- Chiefly British Slang A small paper packet, as of tobacco.
- Chiefly British Slang An old broken-down horse.
- Chiefly British Slang A stingy or crafty bargainer.
- To drive or tighten (a screw).
- To fasten, tighten, or attach by or as if by means of a screw.
- To attach (a tapped or threaded fitting or cap) by twisting into place.
- To rotate (a part) on a threaded axis.
- To contort (one's face).
- Slang To take advantage of; cheat: screwed me out of the most lucrative sales territory.
- Vulgar Slang To have sexual intercourse with.
- To turn or twist.
- To become attached by means of the threads of a screw.
- To be capable of such attachment.
- Vulgar Slang To have sexual intercourse.
- screw around Slang To act or fool around aimlessly or in a confused way and accomplish nothing.
- screw around Vulgar Slang To be sexually promiscuous.
- screw up To muster or summon up: screwed up my courage.
- screw up Slang To make a mess of (an undertaking).
- screw up Slang To injure; damage: Lifting those boxes really screwed up my back.
- screw up Slang To make neurotic or anxious.
- have a screw loose Slang To behave in an eccentric manner.
- have a screw loose Slang To be insane.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പീഡിപ്പിക്കുക - Peedippikkuka ;ഞെരുക്കുക - Njerukkuka ;തിരുക്കാണിയിട്ടു മുറുക്കുക - Thirukkaaniyittu Murukkuka | Thirukkaniyittu Murukkuka ;തിരുകാണി - Thirukaani | Thirukani ;സ്ക്രൂ - Skroo ;കപ്പലിന്റെ പിരിചുക്കാന്പിരിച്ചു കയറ്റുക - Kappalinre Pirichukkaanpirichu Kayattuka | Kappalinre Pirichukkanpirichu Kayattuka ;