That which is laid, staked, or pledged, as between two parties, upon the event of a contest or any contingent issue; the act of giving such a pledge; a wager.
- An agreement usually between two parties that the one who has made an incorrect prediction about an uncertain outcome will forfeit something stipulated to the other; a wager.
- An amount or object risked in a wager; a stake.
- One on which a stake is or can be placed: Our team is a sure bet to win.
- A plan or an option considered with regard to its probable consequence: Your best bet is to make reservations ahead of time.
- Informal A view or opinion, especially about something that cannot be known at the present time: My bet is that the rain will hold off. My bet is he didn't do it.
- To stake (an amount, for example) in a bet.
- To make a bet with: I bet them that we would be first.
- To make a bet on (a contestant or an outcome).
- To maintain confidently, as if making a bet: I bet they were surprised by the news.
- To make or place a bet.
- you bet Informal Of course; surely.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വാത് - Vaathu | Vathu ;വാതുവയ്ക്കുക - Vaathuvaykkuka | Vathuvaykkuka ;പണയം - Panayam ;പന്തയംവയ്ക്കുക - Panthayamvaykkuka ;പന്തയം വച്ച പണം - Panthayam Vacha Panam ;വാതുവയ്ക്കുക - Vaathuvaykkuka | Vathuvaykkuka ;