To make an offer of; to propose. Specifically : To offer to pay ( a certain price, as for a thing put up at auction), or to take (a certain price, as for work to be done under a contract).
- To issue a command to; direct.
- To utter (a greeting or salutation).
- To invite to attend; summon.
- Games To state one's intention to take (tricks of a certain number or suit in cards): bid four hearts.
- To offer or propose (an amount) as a price.
- To offer (someone) membership, as in a group or club: "glancing around to be sure that he had been bid by a society that he wanted” ( Louis Auchincloss).
- To make an offer to pay or accept a specified price: decided not to bid on the roll-top desk.
- To seek to win or attain something; strive.
- An offer or proposal of a price.
- The amount offered or proposed: They lost the contract because their bid was too high.
- An invitation, especially one offering membership in a group or club.
- Games The act of bidding in cards.
- Games The number of tricks or points declared.
- Games The trump or no-trump declared.
- Games The turn of a player to bid.
- An earnest effort to win or attain something: made a bid for the presidency.
- bid in To outbid on one's own property at an auction in order to raise the final selling price.
- bid out To offer (work) for bids from outside contractors.
- bid up To cause (a price) to rise by increasing the amount bid: bid up the price of wheat.
- bid defiance To refuse to submit; offer resistance to.
- bid fair To appear likely.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കല്പന കൊടുക്കുക - Kalpana Kodukkuka ;ശാസിക്കുക - Shaasikkuka | Shasikkuka ;ക്ഷണിക്കുക - Kshanikkuka ;അഭിവാദനം ചെയ്യുക - Abhivaadhanam Cheyyuka | Abhivadhanam Cheyyuka ;ആവശ്യപ്പെടുക - Aavashyappeduka | avashyappeduka ;ഇരുചക്രവാഹനം - Iruchakravaahanam | Iruchakravahanam ;