An ardent wish or desire; a vow; a prayer.
- A formal expression of preference for a candidate for office or for a proposed resolution of an issue.
- A means by which such a preference is made known, such as a raised hand or a marked ballot.
- The number of votes cast in an election or to resolve an issue: a heavy vote in favor of the bill.
- A group of voters alike in some way: the Black vote; the rural vote.
- The act or process of voting: took a vote on the issue.
- The result of an election or referendum.
- The right to participate as a voter; suffrage.
- To express one's preference for a candidate or for a proposed resolution of an issue; cast a vote: voting against the measure.
- To express a choice or an opinion.
- To express one's preference for by vote: voted the straight Republican ticket.
- To decide the disposition of by vote, as by electing or defeating: vote in a new mayor; voted out their representative; vote down the amendment.
- To bring into existence or make available by vote: vote new funds for a program.
- To be guided by in voting: vote one's conscience.
- To declare or pronounce by general consent: voted the play a success.
- Informal To state as a preference or opinion: I vote we eat out tonight.
- vote with (one's) feet Informal To indicate a preference or an opinion by leaving or entering a particular locale: "If older cities are allowed to decay and contract, can citizens who vote with their feet ... hope to find better conditions anywhere else?” ( Melinda Beck).
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ബാലറ്റ്രേഖപ്പെടുത്തല് - Baalattrekhappeduththal | Balattrekhappeduthal ;വോട്ടവകാശം - Vottavakaasham | Vottavakasham ;വോട്ട് ചെയ്യുക - Vottu Cheyyuka ;സമ്മതിദാനം - Sammathidhaanam | Sammathidhanam ;പ്രകടിതാഭിപ്രായം - Prakadithaabhipraayam | Prakadithabhiprayam ;വോട്ട് - Vottu ;