A thicket of bushes, usually thorn bushes; especially, such a thicket planted as a fence between any two portions of land; and also any sort of shrubbery, as evergreens, planted in a line or as a fence; particularly, such a thicket planted round a field to fence it, or in rows to separate the parts of a garden.
- A row of closely planted shrubs or low-growing trees forming a fence or boundary.
- A line of people or objects forming a barrier: a hedge of spectators along the sidewalk.
- A means of protection or defense, especially against financial loss: a hedge against inflation.
- A securities transaction that reduces the risk on an existing investment position.
- An intentionally noncommittal or ambiguous statement.
- A word or phrase, such as possibly or I think, that mitigates or weakens the certainty of a statement.
- To enclose or bound with or as if with hedges.
- To hem in, hinder, or restrict with or as if with a hedge.
- To minimize or protect against the loss of by counterbalancing one transaction, such as a bet, against another.
- To plant or cultivate hedges.
- To take compensatory measures so as to counterbalance possible loss.
- To avoid making a clear, direct response or statement.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കാവല് - Kaaval | Kaval ;സജീവമായ - Sajeevamaaya | Sajeevamaya ;രക്ഷിക്കുക - Rakshikkuka ;hedge stake പത്തല് - hedge Stake Paththal | hedge Stake Pathal ;ചുവന്ന - Chuvanna ;വേലിയുടെ പ്രയോജനം ചെയ്യുന്ന കുറ്റിച്ചെടികള് - Veliyude Prayojanam Cheyyunna Kuttichedikal ;