Woe; torment; pain.
- Any of various evergreen trees of the genus Pinus, having fascicles of needle-shaped leaves and producing woody, seed-bearing cones. These trees are widely cultivated for ornament and shade and for their timber and resinous sap, which yields turpentine and pine tar.
- Any of various other coniferous trees, such as the Norfolk Island pine.
- The wood of any of these trees.
- To feel a lingering, often nostalgic desire.
- To wither or waste away from longing or grief: pined away and died.
- Archaic To grieve or mourn for.
- Archaic Intense longing or grief.