Legal or rightful power; a right to command or to act; power exercised buy a person in virtue of his office or trust; dominion; jurisdiction; authorization; as, the authority of a prince over subjects, and of parents over children; the authority of a court.
- The power to enforce laws, exact obedience, command, determine, or judge.
- One that is invested with this power, especially a government or body of government officials: land titles issued by the civil authority.
- Power assigned to another; authorization: Deputies were given authority to make arrests.
- A public agency or corporation with administrative powers in a specified field: a city transit authority.
- An accepted source of expert information or advice: a noted authority on birds; a reference book often cited as an authority.
- A quotation or citation from such a source: biblical authorities for a moral argument.
- Justification; grounds: On what authority do you make such a claim?
- A conclusive statement or decision that may be taken as a guide or precedent.
- Power to influence or persuade resulting from knowledge or experience: political observers who acquire authority with age.
- Confidence derived from experience or practice; firm self-assurance: played the sonata with authority.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ആപ്തവചനം - Aapthavachanam | apthavachanam ;നിയോഗം - Niyogam ;കൈമ - Kaima ;അനുമതി - Anumathi ;മേല്ക്കോയ്മ - Melkkoyma ;വിശ്വാസ്യത - Vishvaasyatha | Vishvasyatha ;