In general, a rule of being or of conduct, established by an authority able to enforce its will; a controlling regulation; the mode or order according to which an agent or a power acts.
- A rule of conduct or procedure established by custom, agreement, or authority.
- The body of rules and principles governing the affairs of a community and enforced by a political authority; a legal system: international law.
- The condition of social order and justice created by adherence to such a system: a breakdown of law and civilized behavior.
- A set of rules or principles dealing with a specific area of a legal system: tax law; criminal law.
- A piece of enacted legislation.
- The system of judicial administration giving effect to the laws of a community: All citizens are equal before the law.
- Legal action or proceedings; litigation: submit a dispute to law.
- An impromptu or extralegal system of justice substituted for established judicial procedure: frontier law.
- An agency or agent responsible for enforcing the law. Often used with the: "The law . . . stormed out of the woods as the vessel was being relieved of her cargo” ( Sid Moody).
- Informal A police officer. Often used with the.
- The science and study of law; jurisprudence.
- Knowledge of law.
- The profession of an attorney.
- Something, such as an order or a dictum, having absolute or unquestioned authority: The commander's word was law.
- The body of principles or precepts held to express the divine will, especially as revealed in the Bible.
- The first five books of the Hebrew Scriptures.
- A code of principles based on morality, conscience, or nature.
- A rule or custom generally established in a particular domain: the unwritten laws of good sportsmanship.
- A way of life: the law of the jungle.
- A statement describing a relationship observed to be invariable between or among phenomena for all cases in which the specified conditions are met: the law of gravity.
- A generalization based on consistent experience or results: the law of supply and demand.
- Mathematics A general principle or rule that is assumed or that has been proven to hold between expressions.
- A principle of organization, procedure, or technique: the laws of grammar; the laws of visual perspective.
- To go to law; litigate.
- a law unto (oneself) A totally independent operator: An executive who is a law unto herself.
- take the law into (one's) own hands To mete out justice as one sees fit without due recourse to law enforcement agencies or the courts.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കനോന് - Kanon ;നീതിനിര്വ്വഹണം - Neethinirvvahanam ;നിയമസംഹിത - Niyamasamhitha ;ധര്മം - Dharmam ;മുറ - Mura ;നീതി - Neethi ;