A solid of the form described by the revolution of a right-angled triangle about one of the sides adjacent to the right angle; -- called also a right cone. More generally, any solid having a vertical point and bounded by a surface which is described by a straight line always passing through that vertical point; a solid having a circle for its base and tapering to a point or vertex.
- Mathematics The surface generated by a straight line, the generator, passing through a fixed point, the vertex, and moving along a fixed curve, the directrix.
- Mathematics A right circular cone.
- The figure formed by a cone, bound or regarded as bound by its vertex and a plane section taken anywhere above or below the vertex.
- Something having the shape of this figure: "the cone of illuminated drops spilling beneath a street lamp” ( Anne Tyler).
- Botany A unisexual reproductive structure of gymnospermous plants such as conifers and cycads, typically consisting of a central axis around which there are scaly, overlapping, spirally arranged sporophylls that develop pollen-bearing sacs or naked ovules or seeds.
- Botany A similar structure that produces spores on club mosses, horsetails, and spike mosses.
- Botany Any reproductive structure resembling a cone, such as a cluster of hop or alder fruits.
- Physiology One of the photoreceptors in the retina of the eye that is responsible for daylight and color vision. These photoreceptors are most densely concentrated in the fovea centralis, creating the area of greatest visual acuity.
- Any of various gastropod mollusks of the family Conidae of tropical and subtropical seas, having a conical, often vividly marked shell and the ability to inflict a poisonous, sometimes fatal sting.
- To shape (something) like a cone or a segment of one.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കൂന്പ് - Koonpu ;(ജ്യാമിതി) വൃത്തസ്തൂപിക - (jyaamithi) Vruththasthoopika | (jyamithi) Vruthasthoopika ;ദേവതാരഫലം - Dhevathaaraphalam | Dhevatharaphalam ;കൂമ്പ് - Koompu ;അടിപരന്ന് - Adiparannu ;വൃത്തസ്തൂപിക - Vruththasthoopika | Vruthasthoopika ;