A ball or globe forming part of the regalia of an emperor or other sovereign. It is encircled with bands, enriched with precious stones, and surmounted with a cross; -- called also globe.
- A pile of earth, gravel, sand, rocks, or debris heaped for protection or concealment.
- A natural elevation, such as a small hill.
- A raised mass, as of hay; a heap. See Synonyms at heap.
- Archaeology A large artificial pile of earth or stones often marking a burial site.
- Baseball The slightly elevated pitcher's area in the center of the diamond.
- Archaic A hedge or fence.
- To fortify or conceal with a mound.
- To heap into a raised mass.