One who shares the lot of another; a companion; a partner; especially, a wife or husband.
- A husband or wife, especially the spouse of a monarch.
- A companion or partner.
- A ship accompanying another in travel.
- Partnership; association: governed in consort with her advisers.
- A group; a company: a consort of fellow diplomats.
- Music An instrumental ensemble.
- Music An ensemble using instruments of the same family.
- To keep company; associate: a politician known to consort with gangsters.
- To be in accord or agreement.
- To unite in company; associate.
- Obsolete To escort; accompany.
- Obsolete To espouse.