A quadruped of the genus Canis, esp. the domestic dog (C. familiaris).
- A domesticated carnivorous mammal (Canis familiaris) related to the foxes and wolves and raised in a wide variety of breeds.
- Any of various carnivorous mammals of the family Canidae, such as the dingo.
- A male animal of the family Canidae, especially of the fox or a domesticated breed.
- Any of various other animals, such as the prairie dog.
- Informal A person: You won, you lucky dog.
- Informal A person regarded as contemptible: You stole my watch, you dog.
- Slang A person regarded as unattractive or uninteresting.
- Slang Something of inferior or low quality: "The President had read the speech to some of his friends and they told him it was a dog” ( John P. Roche).
- Slang An investment that produces a low return or a loss.
- Slang The feet.
- See andiron.
- Slang A hot dog; a wiener.
- Any of various hooked or U-shaped metallic devices used for gripping or holding heavy objects.
- Astronomy A sun dog.
- Totally; completely. Often used in combination: dog-tired.
- To track or trail persistently: "A stranger then is still dogging us” ( Arthur Conan Doyle).
- To hold or fasten with a mechanical device: "Watertight doors and hatches were dropped into place and dogged down to give the ship full watertight integrity” ( Tom Clancy).
- dog it Slang To fail to expend the effort needed to do or accomplish something.
- go to the dogs To go to ruin; degenerate.
- put on the dog Informal To make an ostentatious display of elegance, wealth, or culture.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
നായ് - Naayu | Nayu ;നിസ്സാരന് - Nissaaran | Nissaran ;സാരമേയം - Saarameyam | Sarameyam ;കൗലേയം - Kauleyam | Kouleyam ;മൃഗദംശം - Mrugadhamsham ;അസ്ഥിഭക്ഷം - Asthibhaksham ;
Pig , Fly , Snail , Goat , Fish , Panda , Fox , Puppy , Fish , Duck , Giraffe , Seal , Alligator , Bird , Rat , Cow , Kitten , Duck , Bear , Cat , Snake , Chicken , Fish , Lion , Seal , Bear , Owl , Kitten , Horse , Pig , Bird , Bear , Hamster , Scorpion , Horse , Shark , Dolphin , Fly , Turtle , Cow , Kangaroo , Seal , Fly , Rat , Elephant , Tiger , Fish , Snake , Cow , Horse , Pig , Octopus , Hippopotamus , Bee , Turtle , Monkey , Jaguar , Puppy , Fly , Squirrel , Bear , Shark , Ant , Rabbit , Monkey , Crocodile , Deer , Goldfish , Seal , Duck , Snake , Lobster , Wolf , Fox , Lobster , Fly , Fly , Owl , Rhinoceros , Horse , Cheetah , Sheep , Duck , Cat , Cow , Frog , Bear , Duck , Fox , Spider , Bear , Chimpanzee , Frog , Shark , Camel , Zebra , Eagle