A body or space contained under a single surface, which in every part is equally distant from a point within called its center.
- Mathematics A three-dimensional surface, all points of which are equidistant from a fixed point.
- A spherical object or figure.
- A celestial body, such as a planet or star.
- The sky, appearing as a hemisphere to an observer: the sphere of the heavens.
- Any of a series of concentric, transparent, revolving globes that together were once thought to contain the moon, sun, planets, and stars.
- The extent of a person's knowledge, interests, or social position.
- An area of power, control, or influence; domain. See Synonyms at field.
- To form into a sphere.
- To put in or within a sphere.
- To surround or encompass.