To pass from an animate to a lifeless state; to cease to live; to suffer a total and irreparable loss of action of the vital functions; to become dead; to expire; to perish; -- said of animals and vegetables; often with of, by, with, from, and rarely for, before the cause or occasion of death; as, to die of disease or hardships; to die by fire or the sword; to die with horror at the thought.
- To cease living; become dead; expire.
- To cease existing, especially by degrees; fade: The sunlight died in the west.
- To experience an agony or suffering suggestive of that of death: nearly died of embarrassment.
- Informal To desire something greatly: I am dying for a box of chocolates. She was dying to see the exhibit.
- To cease operation; stop: If your vehicle dies, stay with it.
- To be destroyed, as in combat: could see the remains of two aircraft that had died in the attack.
- To become indifferent: had died to all worldly concerns.
- die back Botany To be affected by dieback.
- die down To lose strength; subside: The winds died down.
- die off To undergo a sudden, sharp decline in population: Rabbits were dying off in that county.
- die out To cease living completely; become extinct: tribes and tribal customs that died out centuries ago.
- die hard To take a long time in passing out of existence: racial prejudices that die hard.
- die hard To resist against overwhelming, hopeless odds: radicalism that dies hard.
- die on the vine To fail, as from lack of support, especially at an early stage: a plan that died on the vine.
- to die for Informal Remarkable or highly desirable.
- A device used for cutting out, forming, or stamping material, especially:
- An engraved metal piece used for impressing a design onto a softer metal, as in coining money.
- One of several component pieces that are fitted into a diestock to cut threads on screws or bolts.
- A part on a machine that punches shaped holes in, cuts, or forms sheet metal, cardboard, or other stock.
- A metal block containing small conical holes through which plastic, metal, or other ductile material is extruded or drawn.
- Architecture The dado of a pedestal, especially when cube-shaped.
- A small cube marked on each side with from one to six dots, usually used in pairs in gambling and in various other games.
- A game of chance using dice.
- To cut, form, or stamp with or as if with a die.
- load the dice To make an outcome highly probable; predetermine a result: "These factors merely load the dice, upping the odds that a household will fall into a certain . . . income distribution” ( Thomas G. Exter).
- load the dice To put another at a distinct disadvantage, as through prior maneuver: The dice were loaded against the defendant before the trial.
- no dice Of no use; futile.
- no dice Used as a refusal to a request.
- the die is cast The decision has been made and is irrevocable.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
മണ്മറയുക - Manmarayuka ;യന്ത്രങ്ങളുടെയും മറ്റും പ്രവര്ത്തനം നിലയ്ക്കുക - Yanthrangaludeyum Mattum Pravarththanam Nilaykkuka | Yanthrangaludeyum Mattum Pravarthanam Nilaykkuka ;പരലോകംപ്രാപിക്കുക - Paralokampraapikkuka | Paralokamprapikkuka ;മയ്യത്താകുക - Mayyaththaakuka | Mayyathakuka ;ദൈവധീനംവന്നുപോകുക - Dhaivadheenamvannupokuka ;പ്രപഞ്ചത്തോടു യാത്ര പറയുക - Prapanchaththodu Yaathra Parayuka | Prapanchathodu Yathra Parayuka ;