To unfold; to spread wide; to expand; to stretch out; to spread.
- To present or hold up to view.
- Computer Science To provide (information or graphics) on a screen.
- To give evidence of; manifest.
- To exhibit ostentatiously; show off.
- To be endowed with (an identifiable form or character): a shrub that displays hardiness.
- To express, as by gestures or bodily posture: a smirk that displayed contempt.
- To spread out; unfurl: The peacock displayed its fan.
- Computer Science To provide information or graphics on a screen: a personal computer that displays and prints.
- The act of displaying.
- A public exhibition.
- Objects or merchandise set out for viewing by the public.
- A demonstration or manifestation: a display of temper.
- Biology A specialized pattern of behavior used to communicate visually, such as the presentation of colors or plumage by male birds as part of courtship or intimidation.
- An instance of such behavior.
- Ostentatious exhibition.
- An advertisement or headline designed to catch the eye.
- Computer Science A video display.
- A visual representation of information.