- Importance, significance, or emphasis placed on something. See Synonyms at emphasis.
- Linguistics The relative force with which a sound or syllable is spoken.
- Linguistics The emphasis placed on the sound or syllable spoken most forcefully in a word or phrase.
- The relative force of sound or emphasis given a syllable or word in accordance with a metrical pattern.
- A syllable having strong relative emphasis in a metrical pattern.
- Accent or a mark representing such emphasis or force.
- Physics An applied force or system of forces that tends to strain or deform a body.
- Physics The internal resistance of a body to such an applied force or system of forces.
- A mentally or emotionally disruptive or upsetting condition occurring in response to adverse external influences and capable of affecting physical health, usually characterized by increased heart rate, a rise in blood pressure, muscular tension, irritability, and depression.
- A stimulus or circumstance causing such a condition.
- A state of extreme difficulty, pressure, or strain: "He presided over the economy during the period of its greatest stress and danger” ( Robert J. Samuelson).
- To place emphasis on: stressed basic fire safety.
- To give prominence to (a syllable or word) in pronouncing or in accordance with a metrical pattern.
- To subject to physical or mental pressure, tension, or strain.
- To subject to mechanical pressure or force.
- To construct so as to withstand a specified stress.
- stress out Informal To subject to or undergo extreme stress, as from working too much.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഉഗ്രത - Ugratha ;ഊന്നിപ്പറയൽ - Oonnipparayal ;stress a point 1. ഊന്നിപ്പറയുക 2. ഊന്നുക - stress A Point 1. Oonnipparayuka 2. Oonnuka ;ഊന്നിപ്പറയല് - Oonnipparayal ;ക്ലേശം - Klesham ;ആയാസം - Aayaasam | ayasam ;