To swell; to enlarge; to puff up; as, huffed up with air.
- A fit of anger or annoyance; a pique: stormed off in a huff.
- To puff; blow.
- To make noisy, empty threats; bluster.
- To react indignantly; take offense.
- Slang To inhale the fumes of a volatile chemical or substance as a means of becoming intoxicated.
- To cause to puff up; inflate.
- To treat with insolence; bully.
- To anger; annoy.
- Slang To inhale the fumes of (a volatile chemical, for example) as a means of becoming intoxicated.