The work of one who makes images or visible representation of objects; imitation work; images in general, or in mass.
- A set of mental pictures or images.
- The use of vivid or figurative language to represent objects, actions, or ideas.
- The use of expressive or evocative images in art, literature, or music.
- A group or body of related images, as in a painting or poem.
- Representative images, particularly statues or icons.
- The art of making such images.
- Psychology A technique in behavior therapy in which the patient uses pleasant fantasies to relax and counteract anxiety.