The act or process of infecting.
- Invasion by and multiplication of pathogenic microorganisms in a bodily part or tissue, which may produce subsequent tissue injury and progress to overt disease through a variety of cellular or toxic mechanisms.
- An instance of being infected.
- An agent or a contaminated substance responsible for one's becoming infected.
- The pathological state resulting from having been infected.
- An infectious disease.
- Moral contamination or corruption.
- Ready communication of an emotion or attitude by contact or example.