A piece of wood, usually long and slender, pointed at one end so as to be easily driven into the ground as a support or stay; as, a stake to support vines, fences, hedges, etc.
- A piece of wood or metal pointed at one end for driving into the ground as a marker, fence pole, or tent peg.
- A vertical post to which an offender is bound for execution by burning.
- Execution by burning. Used with the: condemned to the stake.
- A vertical post secured in a socket at the edge of a platform, as on a truck bed, to help retain the load.
- Mormon Church A territorial division consisting of a group of wards under the jurisdiction of a president.
- Sports & Games Money or property risked in a wager or gambling game. Often used in the plural. See Synonyms at bet.
- Sports & Games The prize awarded the winner of a contest or race.
- Sports & Games A race offering a prize to the winner, especially a horserace in which the prize consists of money contributed equally by the horse owners.
- A share or an interest in an enterprise, especially a financial share.
- Personal interest or involvement: a stake in her children's future.
- A grubstake.
- To mark the location or limits of with or as if with stakes: stake out a claim.
- To claim as one's own: staked out a place for herself in industry.
- To fasten, secure, or support with a stake or stakes.
- To tether or tie to a stake.
- To gamble or risk; hazard.
- To provide working capital for; finance.
- stake out To assign (a police officer, for example) to an area to conduct surveillance.
- stake out To keep under surveillance.
- at stake At risk; in question.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പന്തയം വയ്ക്കുക - Panthayam Vaykkuka ;സന്ദിഗ്ദ്ധാവസ്ഥ - Sandhigddhaavastha | Sandhigdhavastha ;അതിരിടുക - Athiriduka ;കുറ്റി - Kutti ;അപകടസാദ്ധ്യത ഉണ്ടാവുക - Apakadasaaddhyatha Undaavuka | Apakadasadhyatha Undavuka ;കൈവശം സ്ഥാപിക്കാനായി അതിർത്തിനാട്ടുക - Kaivasham Sthaapikkaanaayi Athirththinaattuka | Kaivasham Sthapikkanayi Athirthinattuka ;