The attribute of being so much, and not more or less; the property of being measurable, or capable of increase and decrease, multiplication and division; greatness; and more concretely, that which answers the question "How much?"; measure in regard to bulk or amount; determinate or comparative dimensions; measure; amount; bulk; extent; size.
- A specified or indefinite number or amount.
- A considerable amount or number: sells drugs wholesale and in quantity.
- An exact amount or number.
- The measurable, countable, or comparable property or aspect of a thing.
- Mathematics Something that serves as the object of an operation.
- Linguistics The relative amount of time needed to pronounce a vowel, consonant, or syllable.
- The duration of a syllable in quantitative verse.
- Logic The exact character of a proposition in reference to its universality, singularity, or particularity.