The quality of being heavy; that property of bodies by which they tend toward the center of the earth; the effect of gravitative force, especially when expressed in certain units or standards, as pounds, grams, etc.
- A measure of the heaviness of an object.
- The force with which a body is attracted to Earth or another celestial body, equal to the product of the object's mass and the acceleration of gravity.
- A unit measure of gravitational force: a table of weights and measures.
- A system of such measures: avoirdupois weight; troy weight.
- The measured heaviness of a specific object: a two-pound weight.
- An object used principally to exert a force by virtue of its gravitational attraction to Earth, especially:
- A metallic solid used as a standard of comparison in weighing.
- An object used to hold something else down.
- A counterbalance in a machine.
- Sports A heavy object, such as a dumbbell, lifted for exercise or in athletic competition.
- Excessive fat; corpulence: exercising in order to lose weight.
- Statistics A factor assigned to a number in a computation, as in determining an average, to make the number's effect on the computation reflect its importance.
- Oppressiveness; pressure: the weight of responsibilities.
- The greater part; preponderance: The weight of the evidence is against the defendant.
- Influence, importance, or authority: Her approval carried great weight. See Synonyms at importance.
- Ponderous quality: the weight of the speaker's words.
- Sports A classification according to comparative lightness or heaviness. Often used in combination: a heavyweight boxer.
- The heaviness or thickness of a fabric in relation to a particular season or use. Often used in combination: a summerweight jacket.
- To add to, by or as if by attaching a weight; make heavy or heavier.
- To load down, burden, or oppress.
- To increase the weight or body of (fabrics) by treating with chemicals.
- Statistics To assign weights or a weight to.
- To cause to have a slant or bias: weighted the rules in favor of homeowners.
- Sports To assign to (a horse) the weight it must carry as a handicap in a race.
- by weight According to weight rather than volume or other measure.
- make weight Sports To weigh within the limits stipulated for an athletic contest.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
തൂക്ക് - Thookku ;തുലം - Thulam ;പ്രമുഖ്യം - Pramukhyam ;ഭാരം - Bhaaram | Bharam ;മിതി - Mithi ;പേറ് - Peru ;