The offering of anything to God, or to a god; consecratory rite.
- The act of offering something to a deity in propitiation or homage, especially the ritual slaughter of an animal or a person.
- A victim offered in this way.
- Forfeiture of something highly valued for the sake of one considered to have a greater value or claim.
- Something so forfeited.
- Relinquishment of something at less than its presumed value.
- Something so relinquished.
- A loss so sustained.
- Baseball A sacrifice bunt or sacrifice fly.
- To offer as a sacrifice to a deity.
- To forfeit (one thing) for another thing considered to be of greater value.
- To sell or give away at a loss.
- To make or offer a sacrifice.
- Baseball To make a sacrifice bunt or sacrifice fly.