- To put to death.
- To deprive of life: The Black Death was a disease that killed millions.
- To put an end to; extinguish: The rain killed our plans for a picnic.
- To destroy a vitally essential quality in: Too much garlic killed the taste of the meat.
- To cause to cease operating; turn off: killed the motor.
- To tire out completely; exhaust: "The trip to work, and the boredom and nervousness of jobs, kills men” ( Jimmy Breslin).
- To pass (time) in aimless activity: killed a few hours before the flight by sightseeing.
- To consume entirely; finish off: kill a bottle of brandy.
- Sports To prevent a hockey team on a power play from scoring during (a penalty).
- To cause extreme pain or discomfort to: My shoes are killing me.
- To mark for deletion; rule out: killed the story.
- To thwart passage of; veto: kill a congressional bill.
- Informal To overwhelm with hilarity, pleasure, or admiration: The outstanding finale killed the audience.
- Sports To hit (a ball) with great force.
- Sports To hit (a ball) with such force as to make a return impossible, especially in a racquet game.
- To cause death or extinction; be fatal.
- To commit murder.
- Informal To make such a strong impression as to overcome: dress to kill.
- The act of killing.
- An animal killed, especially in hunting.
- A person killed or to be killed: "Infantrymen . . . had seen too many kills suddenly get up and run away or shoot at them as they approached” ( Nelson DeMille).
- An enemy aircraft, vessel, or missile that has been attacked and destroyed.
- Sports A kill shot.
- kill off To destroy in such large numbers as to render extinct.
- at Present at the moment of triumph.
- New York State See creek. See Regional Notes at stoop2, run.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പ്രതിസന്ധി - Prathisandhi ;കൊലചെയ്യുക - Kolacheyyuka ;കൊല്ലപ്പെട്ട മൃഗങ്ങള് - Kollappetta Mrugangal ;നരുക്കുക - Narukkuka ;കൊല്ലുക - Kolluka ;ഹിംസിക്കുക - Himsikkuka ;