The act of standing; also, attitude or pose in standing; posture.
- A place or position where a person or thing stands or is assigned to stand; a post: a sentry station.
- An area where a person is assigned to work.
- The place, building, or establishment from which a service is provided or operations are directed: a police station.
- A stopping place along a route, especially a stop for refueling or for taking on passengers; a depot.
- Social position; rank: "He was degraded in their eyes; he had lost caste and station before the very paupers” ( Charles Dickens).
- An establishment equipped for observation and study: a radar station.
- An establishment equipped for radio or television transmission.
- One that broadcasts radio or television transmissions: the views in this program do not necessarily reflect those of the station.
- A frequency assigned to a broadcaster.
- An input or output point along a communications system.
- A precise point from which measurements in surveying are made.
- Ecology The normal habitat of a particular plant or animal community.
- Ecology The exact place of occurrence of a species or individual within a given habitat.
- Roman Catholic Church Any of the 14 Stations of the Cross.
- To assign to a position; post.