A written discourse or dissertation, generally of short extent; a short treatise, especially on practical religion.
- An expanse of land or water.
- A specified or limited area of land: developing a 30-acre tract.
- Anatomy A system of organs and tissues that together perform a specialized function: the alimentary tract.
- Anatomy A bundle of nerve fibers having a common origin, termination, and function.
- Archaic A stretch or lapse of time.
- A leaflet or pamphlet containing a declaration or appeal, especially one put out by a religious or political group.
- The verses from Scripture sung during Lent or on Ember Days after the gradual in the Roman Catholic Mass.