The season of the year in which the sun shines most obliquely upon any region; the coldest season of the year.
- The usually coldest season of the year, occurring between autumn and spring, extending in the Northern Hemisphere from the winter solstice to the vernal equinox, and popularly considered to be constituted by December, January, and February.
- A year as expressed through the recurrence of the winter season.
- A period of time characterized by coldness, misery, barrenness, or death.
- Of, relating to, occurring in, or appropriate to the season of winter: winter blizzards; winter attire.
- Grown during the season of winter: winter herbs.
- To spend the winter: wintered in Arizona.
- To feed in winter. Used with on: deer wintering on cedar bark.
- To lodge, keep, or care for during the winter: wintering the sheep in the stable.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
തുഹിനര്ത്തു - Thuhinarththu | Thuhinarthu ;ശരത്കാലത്തിനും വസന്തകാലത്തിനുമിടക്കുവരുന്ന ശൈത്യകാലം - Sharathkaalaththinum Vasanthakaalaththinumidakkuvarunna Shaithyakaalam | Sharathkalathinum Vasanthakalathinumidakkuvarunna Shaithyakalam ;ശീതകാലം - Sheethakaalam | Sheethakalam ;ശൈത്യകാലം - Shaithyakaalam | Shaithyakalam ;ഹൈമനം - Haimanam ;തണുപ്പുകാലം - Thanuppukaalam | Thanuppukalam ;