A rod; a stick; a staff.
- A fundamental unit of length in both the U.S. Customary System and the British Imperial System, equal to 3 feet, or 36 inches (0.9144 meter). See Table at measurement.
- Nautical A long tapering spar slung to a mast to support and spread the head of a square sail, lugsail, or lateen.
- A tract of ground next to, surrounding, or surrounded by a building or buildings.
- A tract of ground, often enclosed, used for a specific business or activity.
- An area where railroad trains are made up and cars are switched, stored, and serviced on tracks and sidings.
- A winter pasture for deer or other grazing animals.
- An enclosed tract of ground in which animals, such as chickens or pigs, are kept.
- To enclose, collect, or put into or as if into a yard.
- To be gathered into or as if into a yard.