To the inside of; within. It is used in a variety of applications.
- To the inside or interior of: went into the house.
- To the activity or occupation of: recent college graduates who go into banking.
- To the condition, state, or form of: dishes breaking into pieces; changed into a butterfly.
- So as to be in or be included in: parties entering into an agreement; wrote a new character into the play.
- Informal Interested in or involved with: They are into vegetarianism.
- To a point within the limits of a period of time or extent of space: well into the week.
- In the direction of; toward: looked into the distance; pointed into the sky.
- Against: crashed into a tree.
- As a divisor of: The number 3 goes into 9 three times.