Having the power or quality of acting; causing change; communicating action or motion; acting; -- opposed to passive, that receives; as, certain active principles; the powers of the mind.
- Being in physical motion: active fish in the aquarium.
- Functioning or capable of functioning.
- Marked by energetic activity; busy: active stock and bond markets; spent an active day sightseeing.
- Involving or requiring physical exertion and energy: an active workout at the gym.
- Being in a state of action; not quiescent: active hostilities along the border.
- Erupting or liable to erupt; not dormant: an active volcano.
- Marked by or involving direct participation: took an active interest in politics; played an active role on the committee.
- Currently in use or effect: an active membership.
- Openly acknowledged or expressed: an active dislike of the new neighbors.
- Producing an intended action or effect: active ingredients.
- Grammar Indicating that the subject of the sentence is performing or causing the action expressed by the verb. Used of a verb form or voice.
- Grammar Expressing action rather than a state of being. Used of verbs such as run, speak, and move.
- Producing profit, interest, or dividends: active accounts; active stocks.
- Electronics Being a source of electrical energy, as a generator.
- Electronics Capable of converting or amplifying voltages or currents, as a diode or transistor.
- Being on full military duty and receiving full pay.
- Grammar The active voice.
- Grammar A construction or form in the active voice.
- A participating member of an organization: union actives.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
സജീവമായ - Sajeevamaaya | Sajeevamaya ;ഉത്സാഹമുളള - Uthsaahamulala | Uthsahamulala ; ;ചുണയുള്ള - Chunayulla ;പരിശ്രമശീലമുള്ള - Parishramasheelamulla ;ഓജസ്സുള്ള - Ojassulla ;