Sale; opportunity to sell; market.
- A means of escape or release from confinement; an outlet: give vent to one's anger.
- An opening permitting the escape of fumes, a liquid, a gas, or steam.
- The small hole at the breech of a gun through which the charge is ignited.
- Zoology The excretory opening of the digestive tract in animals such as birds, reptiles, amphibians, and fish.
- Geology The opening of a volcano in the earth's crust.
- Geology An opening on the ocean floor that emits hot water and dissolved minerals.
- To express (one's thoughts or feelings, for example), especially forcefully.
- To release or discharge (steam, for example) through an opening.
- To provide with a vent.
- To vent one's feelings or opinions.
- To be released or discharged through an opening.
- To rise to the surface of water to breathe. Used of a marine mammal.
- A slit in a garment, as in the back seam of a jacket.