A iron instrument which is attached to a ship by a cable (rope or chain), and which, being cast overboard, lays hold of the earth by a fluke or hook and thus retains the ship in a particular station.
- Nautical A heavy object attached to a vessel by a cable or rope and cast overboard to keep the vessel in place either by its weight or by its flukes, which grip the bottom.
- A rigid point of support, as for securing a rope.
- A source of security or stability.
- Sports An athlete, usually the strongest member of a team, who performs the last stage of a relay race or other competition.
- Sports The person at the end of a tug-of-war team.
- An anchorperson.
- To hold fast by or as if by an anchor. See Synonyms at fasten.
- Sports To serve as an anchor for (a team or competition).
- To narrate or coordinate (a newscast).
- To provide or form an anchor store for: Two major stores anchor each end of the shopping mall.
- Nautical To drop anchor or lie at anchor.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
അവതാരകന് - Avathaarakan | Avatharakan ;നങ്കുരം - Nankuram ;അടിത്തറ - Adiththara | Adithara ;അടിസ്ഥാനം - Adisthaanam | Adisthanam ;തളയിടുക - Thalayiduka ;നങ്കൂരമിടുക - Nankooramiduka ;