- To provide with a harness or equipment; fit out.
- Nautical To equip (a ship) with sails, shrouds, and yards.
- Nautical To fit (sails or shrouds, for example) to masts and yards.
- Informal To dress, clothe, or adorn: The costumer rigged out the actors in peasant clothing.
- To make or construct in haste or in a makeshift manner: rig up a tent for the night.
- To manipulate dishonestly for personal gain: rig a prizefight; rig stock prices.
- Nautical The arrangement of masts, spars, and sails on a sailing vessel.
- Special equipment or gear used for a particular purpose.
- A truck or tractor.
- A tractor-trailer.
- A vehicle with one or more horses harnessed to it.
- The special apparatus used for drilling oil wells.
- Western U.S. See saddle.
- Informal A costume or an outfit: wore an outlandish rig to the office.
- Fishing tackle.