Common possession or enjoyment; participation; as, a community of goods.
- A group of people living in the same locality and under the same government.
- The district or locality in which such a group lives.
- A group of people having common interests: the scientific community; the international business community.
- A group viewed as forming a distinct segment of society: the gay community; the community of color.
- Similarity or identity: a community of interests.
- Sharing, participation, and fellowship.
- Society as a whole; the public.
- Ecology A group of plants and animals living and interacting with one another in a specific region under relatively similar environmental conditions.
- Ecology The region occupied by a group of interacting organisms.