Frequent repetition of the same act; way of acting common to many; ordinary manner; habitual practice; usage; method of doing or living.
- A practice followed by people of a particular group or region.
- A habitual practice of a person: my custom of reading a little before sleep. See Synonyms at habit.
- Law A common tradition or usage so long established that it has the force or validity of law.
- Habitual patronage, as of a store.
- Habitual customers; patrons.
- Duties or taxes imposed on imported and, less commonly, exported goods.
- The governmental agency authorized to collect these duties.
- The procedure for inspecting goods and baggage entering a country.
- Tribute, service, or rent paid by a feudal tenant to a lord.
- Made to order.
- Specializing in the making or selling of made-to-order goods: a custom tailor.