The act of asking; interrogation; inquiry; as, to examine by question and answer.
- An expression of inquiry that invites or calls for a reply.
- An interrogative sentence, phrase, or gesture.
- A subject or point open to controversy; an issue.
- A difficult matter; a problem: a question of ethics.
- A point or subject under discussion or consideration.
- A proposition brought up for consideration by an assembly.
- The act of bringing a proposal to vote.
- Uncertainty; doubt: There is no question about the validity of the enterprise.
- To put a question to. See Synonyms at ask.
- To examine (a witness, for example) by questioning; interrogate.
- To express doubt about; dispute.
- To analyze; examine.
- To ask questions.
- in question Under consideration or discussion.
- out of the question Not worth considering; impossible: Starting over is out of the question.