To follow out or through to the end; to carry out into complete effect; to complete; to finish; to effect; to perform.
- To put into effect; carry out: a government that executes the decisions of the ruling party.
- To perform; do: execute a U-turn. See Synonyms at perform.
- To create (a work of art, for example) in accordance with a prescribed design.
- To make valid, as by signing: execute a deed.
- To perform or carry out what is required by: execute the terms of a will.
- To put to death, especially by carrying out a lawful sentence.
- Computer Science To run (a program or an instruction).