To move in or pass through the air with wings, as a bird.
- To engage in flight, especially:
- To move through the air by means of wings or winglike parts.
- To travel by air: We flew to Dallas.
- To operate an aircraft or spacecraft.
- To rise in or be carried through the air by the wind: a kite flying above the playground.
- To float or flap in the air: pennants flying from the masthead.
- To move or be sent through the air with great speed: bullets flying in every direction; a plate that flew from my hands when I stumbled.
- To move with great speed; rush or dart: The children flew down the hall. Rumors were flying during their absence.
- To flee; escape.
- To hasten; spring: flew to her students' defense.
- To pass by swiftly: a vacation flying by; youth that is soon flown.
- To be dissipated; vanish: Their small inheritance was quickly flown.
- Baseball To hit a fly ball.
- To undergo an explosive reaction; burst: The dropped plate flew into pieces. The motorist flew into a rage.
- Informal To gain acceptance or approval; go over: "However sophisticated the reasoning, this particular notion may not fly” ( New York Times).
- To cause to fly or float in the air: fly a kite; fly a flag.
- Nautical To operate under (a particular flag): a tanker that flies the Liberian flag.
- To pilot (an aircraft or a spacecraft).
- To carry or transport in an aircraft or a spacecraft: fly emergency supplies to a stricken area.
- To pass over or through in flight: flew the coastal route in record time.
- To perform in a spacecraft or an aircraft: flew six missions into space.
- To flee or run from: fly a place in panic.
- To avoid; shun: fly temptation.
- The act of flying; flight.
- A fold of cloth that covers a fastening of a garment, especially one on the front of trousers.
- The fastening or opening covered by such a fold.
- A flap that covers an entrance or forms a rooflike extension for a tent or the canopy of a vehicle.
- A flyleaf.
- Baseball A fly ball.
- The span of a flag from the staff to the outer edge.
- The outer edge of a flag.
- A flywheel.
- The area directly over the stage of a theater, containing overhead lights, drop curtains, and equipment for raising and lowering sets.
- Chiefly British A one-horse carriage, especially one for hire.
- fly at To attack fiercely; assault: The dogs flew at each other's throats.
- fly high To be elated: They were flying high after their first child was born.
- fly off the handle Informal To become suddenly enraged: flew off the handle when the train was finally canceled.
- let fly To shoot, hurl, or release: The troops let fly a volley of gunfire.
- let fly To lash out; assault: The mayor let fly with an angry attack on her critics.
- on the fly On the run; in a hurry: took lunch on the fly.
- on the fly While in the air; in flight: caught the ball on the fly.
- Any of numerous two-winged insects of the order Diptera, especially any of the family Muscidae, which includes the housefly.
- Any of various other flying insects, such as the caddis fly.
- A fishing lure simulating a fly, made by attaching materials such as feathers, tinsel, and colored thread to a fishhook.
- fly in the ointment A detrimental circumstance or detail; a drawback.
- Chiefly British Mentally alert; sharp.
- Slang Fashionable; stylish.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഈച്ച - Eecha ;പലായനം ചെയ്യുകഈച്ച - Palaayanam Cheyyukaeecha | Palayanam Cheyyukaeecha ;ചൂണ്ടയിലിടുന്ന ഇര - Choondayilidunna Ira ;വിമാനത്തെ നിയന്ത്രിക്കുക - Vimaanaththe Niyanthrikkuka | Vimanathe Niyanthrikkuka ;ദ്രുണം - Dhrunam ;മക്ഷി - Makshi ;
Duck , Bear , Seal , Turtle , Fish , Fish , Dog , Sheep , Octopus , Scorpion , Zebra , Tiger , Goat , Shark , Cow , Dog , Puppy , Jaguar , Snake , Fish , Seal , Chimpanzee , Bird , Duck , Duck , Hamster , Deer , Goldfish , Duck , Wolf , Kitten , Cat , Horse , Cow , Cat , Fox , Fox , Horse , Shark , Bear , Kangaroo , Puppy , Seal , Pig , Lobster , Rat , Camel , Cow , Rhinoceros , Snake , Bear , Fox , Hippopotamus , Cow , Duck , Kitten , Eagle , Ant , Owl , Lobster , Bear , Bird , Snake , Dolphin , Bear , Panda , Pig , Giraffe , Monkey , Rat , Owl , Crocodile , Bear , Horse , Squirrel , Frog , Rabbit , Cheetah , Frog , Alligator , Lion , Monkey , Shark , Horse , Snail , Turtle , Bee , Seal , Pig , Chicken , Elephant , Spider , Fish